I work hard to protect your rights.
Effective Defense from an AV Preeminent* Rated Former Prosecutor with more than 25 Years of ExperienceGet Help Now
How Drug Court Diversion Programs Work
Drug courts are a common occurrence in the state of Florida, with 95 such courts throughout the state and more than 6,500 individuals entering the drug court system in 2016. These programs operate on the principle that many offenders with substance abuse problems need treatment for their addiction problems, rather than to serve time in jail.
I am attorney Mike G, and I have handled many criminal defense cases involving drug use. My law firm can help you find a diversion program to address your substance abuse issues.
Drug Court Programs For First-Time Offenders
As your lawyer, I can assist you in applying for a drug diversion program, depending on the severity of the crimes with which you have been charged: the felony drug pretrial intervention, or the misdemeanor pretrial substance abuse education and treatment intervention program. Both programs are voluntary. Generally, you must have no prior convictions or any prior participation in a diversion program to be eligible.
These and other drug court diversion programs take a non-adversarial approach to providing resolution to your drug addiction issues. However, these are demanding treatment and educational programs, and require:
- Frequent court appearances
- Group and individual counseling sessions
- Weekly drug tests by urinalysis
- Inpatient substance abuse treatment programs when necessary/recommended
Advantages Of Participating In A Drug Court Program
While they can be challenging to complete, becoming a diversion program alumnus provides many positive results. Three of the most important are:
- The treatment can allow you to begin a long-lasting recovery from substance abuse.
- Your ability to parent may be improved — a useful benefit if your parenting skills have been questioned by a government entity. There are special drug courts dedicated specifically to assisting parents with drug dependency problems.
- Best of all, the charges against you may be dismissed if you successfully complete the program.
Obtain Answers To Your Drug Court Questions Today
Contact Mike G Now
* Complete all required fields
I was able to text or call Mike anytime I needed to. He worked with me, on a real level and communicated realistic expectations for my situation. Thanks again guys.
Mike took care of my legal and civil case and was very helpful and Professional. He was responsive to all my questions and gave me updates as I asked for them. He helped get me in a position to see my son again which I am extremely grateful for. Thank you and God bless!
I cannot recommend Mr Gonzalez enough. He is extremely professional as is his entire firm. Mr Gonzalez has been very knowledgeable and forthcoming throughout the entire legal process. I highly recommend him and a definite five star!